Monday, August 28, 2006

I don't know what it is about my countenance that inspires these kinds of confessions but they sure make the commute more interesting.

I met an irishman from the same part of Ulster that some of my ancestors fled generations ago. Apprently I am genetically predisposed to horse theivery but that's another story. Me and my companion chatted about ireland and scotland and america. He then asked me if there would be a problem getting into the US with 'multiple firearms offences'. I said the only people who don't have firearm convictions are pinkos and queers and Uncle Sam would consider such charges a mark of honour to any foreigner visiting his shores (unless of course he's darker than a hamburger bun). He seemed relieved at this answer and, before he got off at his stop, he made the sign of the cross over me. Yes. God bless me indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Abe Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth, who was one of the the leading male actors of his day. It would be like Dubya being assassinated by George Clooney.

    In light of this, I don't think your response was at all far-fetched.

    ReplyDelete